“Climate change is an inconvenient truth and a truth that we can no longer conveniently ignore,” Mr Rudd said at the National Press Club.
“No responsible leadership anywhere in the world can ignore the elephant in the room, an elephant of this proportion.”
His Government’s policy is not responsible, and he is not demonstrating any form of leadership whatsoever.
I’m tied up and can’t write more at the moment, so a quick round-up of other reactions:
- Sam has Kevin pegged.
- Reaction from the Greens (media release here).
- Summation from Robert Merkel.
- Liveblogging at Crikey.
- “Tell them the price, son!“
- I wonder why Penny Wong was happy to be gazumped?
- A thorough and sensible analysis from Peter Wood.
- Graphical summary from Possum.
- Commentary from typingisnotactivism.