- It is better to have one million page impressions than the respect of your peers.
- Barack Obama is to blame for the media’s fixation on Joe the Plumber – apparently, he should have known how attracted they are to trivialities over substance and should have stopped John McCain from making Joe the focus of the final debate.
- Teh Left would not be able to respond to an Andrew Bolt Challenge (what’s more, a “Name One” edition) to find anyone who advocates unrestrained capitalism – but his comments are full of people who do just that. By the way: Congressman Ron Paul.
- Unconstitutional action is required to rescue the voters of New South Wales. Storm the Bastille!
- The fact that Arctic sea ice reached the second-lowest level on record this summer (one year after the lowest) was not worth mentioning; the fact that the freeze appears to be ahead of the typical pace this autumn most definitely is.
- Writing an ugly, pointless, prying article about my preferred Presidential candidate’s spouse is an obvious sign of media bias. The notion that it is just plain shitty journalism can be dismissed without consideration. Consequently, I denounce the New York Times as a conservative mouthpiece for writing this vile smear article in 2006 (NB: Link to that story, along with legitimate commentary on the Cindy McCain story from Glenn Greenwald; further comment from Atrios).