Federal Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson has called a leadership vote for tomorrow morning.
Late this afternoon he called his Liberal colleagues to an unscheduled meeting.
It is understood Dr Nelson is trying to settle the leadership by calling on a vote.
I suspect he’s actually aiming to demonstrate that he has some leadership capacity by calling a meeting and having people turn up.
The uncertainty surrounding this spill is a nice change. There are lots of things to wonder about:
- One source has apparently suggested Turnbull has the numbers, but what if anyone else throws their hat in the ring?
- Did Julie protect Brendan from Belinda Neal so she could strike the death blow herself?
- Will Wilson bring the iron bar?
- Will Brendan be tallying the votes by whiteboard?
- Will Tip be signing copies of his book?
UPDATE: Malcolm’s getting in the game.